This role is a unique opportunity to have a measurable impact on our fleet of Sherpa Drivers across Australia through the growth and optimisation of the Sherpa network. This is a critical role, as you will be in charge of continually improving our Sherpa's experience through greater driver on-boarding, training, quality control and implementing new strategic processes to streamline the driver experience. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and strong interpersonal abilities.
- 15,000+ registered and approved drivers across 7 major cities.
- 10,000+ profiles not yet completed or approved.
- 300,000+ deliveries per year.
- Current DOT % (Delivered On Time) – 95%.
- Main items delivered – alcohol, flowers, gifts, small parcels.
- Delivery types – 1 hour, 2 hour, 4 hour, same day and hourly rates.
About Sherpa's fleet:
- Using data to drive improvements in our fleet.
- Dealing with escalations and disputes.
- Improving and updating on-boarding processes.
- Developing new ways to engage with our fleet to improve driver quality (ie: refresher training, workshops etc...).
- Working closely with our Ops and Customer Success teams to drive improvements and streamline internal processes.
- Monitor trends with driver ratings and reviews, late %'s, assignment speeds etc...
- Manage projects and presenting measurable results to management and stakeholder.
- Coordinating retainers and assisting with driver assignment during busy periods and events.
Your role will include but not limited to:
- 3+ years professional experience. Operations or management skills in retail, e-commerce or logistics preferred. Experience in a startup environment also preferred.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and building solutions together. You’ll work with our clients, recruitment and marketing agencies, external business as well as every department in Australia and the Philippines.
- Demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and projects. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Sherpa, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a “get things done” attitude and willingness to get “down and dirty” to work with our drivers and riders to make Sherpa a better experience for all!
- Analytical rigor - You’ll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world. We use data to inform our decisions. You will need to quickly identify the data you need to solve a problem and have the ability to analyse it to get to the answer.
What You’ll Need
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you soon.