About the Business
Sherpa's mission is to change the way retailers execute their last mile fulfilment – driven by our industry-leading technology and customer-centric approach. Our intuitive delivery and fleet management tools, easy to-use booking platform and one of Australia’s largest fleets of crowd-sourced drivers, boasts a unique solution that offers unprecedented flexibility for businesses big and small.
Our product & tech team is small and what you build will make a difference to the business. We're a scrappy startup so expect to be challenged with interesting business problems besides the product roadmap.
About the Role
We're looking for a Product Owner to join our small, dedicated product & engineering team. As a Product Owner your responsibilities will be to:
- Build exceptional customer experiences, understand needs and pain points.
- Convert the product vision into an actionable backlog.
- Own the Product Backlog and regularly review to ensure there is ‘just enough’ detail for each story.
- Clarify the team’s understanding of what is required to ensure high-quality and unambiguous user-stories are produced.
- Represent the voice of the customer, core values and stakeholder brief to the product development team on a daily basis.
- Ensure the team is working on the most valuable product requirements at any given time.
- Support the Product Manager throughout the development of overall product vision, objectives and organic evolution of the product roadmap.
- Maintain excellent working relationships between the development team and organisation-wide representatives.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working in a product role
- Proven experience in a technology company delivering products to a high standard in demanding environments
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence in an agile methodology
- Experience writing user stories
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding and empathy for end-to-end customer experience
- Experience operating in a truly agile environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to articulate ideas through clear communication
- Proactive, flexible and able to cope well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Take ownership and accountability for your work
- Able to work with UX designers to define a great end to end experience
- Familiarity with user-centred design
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of ecommerce trends and technologies
- Great work environment and culture
- Located in Redfern
- Excellent work/life balance
- We're a small company so there's opportunities to grow quickly
Sherpa welcomes people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to deliver nothing short of excellence and who embrace the adventure and enjoy the ride! So if you are interested in joining our team behind the wheel, we encourage you to apply now!
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you soon.